Monday, March 4, 2013

15 Minute Pesto Pasta

I LOVE to cook. Love.


Some day I will share all the food blogs that I stalk. You will love the recipes. Love. Some day. Not today. Today I will share this yummy recipe that I made last Friday, I couldn't wait to share it with you guys!  I will note that I did not use the Speck. I chose to save the calories and keep it fresh and light! You won't miss it if you choose to exclude it, promise. I am including the recipe as written, but again I did not follow recipe to a T.

Enjoy!

P.S. I love this Campanelli Pasta, it's so FUN! Is that weird?

This recipes comes to you from, Oh Sweet Basil's blog:

15 Minute Pesto Pasta That Will Change Your Life


2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
1 Cup, Packed, Sweet Basil
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Fresh, Grated Parmesan Cheese
Sea Salt and Fresh Black Pepper
Campanelli Pasta
Speck, cooked and crumbled (or thin bacon if absolutely necessary)*see note above
Heat a large pot of water over high heat, adding a few pinches of salt to season the pasta as it cooks. (If you’re unsure how much taste the water. It should taste slightly salty) Once the water begins to boil add the pasta. Turn the heat down to medium high and continue to cook until al dente (cooked through, not soggy, but a slight bite to it.)
Meanwhile, heat a small skillet to medium heat and add the pine nuts. Cook until toasted and golden on all side, giving the pan a little toss every now and again to help the nuts to toast evenly. You should be able to start smelling the nutty aroma. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Add the pine nuts, garlic, and fresh basil to a blender or food processor. Process until as smooth as possible. While the blender/processor is running drizzle in the olive oil, processor another 10-20 seconds and place in a bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a skillet, over medium heat, add the speck in a single layer over the bottom of the pan. Cook until crisp, flip over and crisp the other side. Remove to a plate with a paper towel and allow to drain.
Once the pasta is done, drain and place in a large bowl. Add the pesto and toss until the pasta is evenly coated. Crumble the Speck over the top and add a little extra fresh Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment